- World-first presentation of the new LBX Morizo RR Concept at the 2024 Tokyo Auto Salon
- Special performance-focused version of the new LBX compact crossover, developed with Toyota Motor Corporation Chairman and Master Driver Akio Toyoda – alias “Morizo”
- 305 DIN hp/224 kW turbocharged and intercooled 1.6-litre three-cylinder engine with Direct Shift eight-speed automatic transmission and electronically controlled full-time all-wheel drive
- Exclusive “Morizo” signature design details
- Lexus booth also features an all-new GX 500 Overtrail JAOS version, customised with SUV aftermarket specialist JAOS
Adding another dimension to the LBX’s convention-breaking character, the concept model has been created with direct input from Toyota Motor Corporation Chairman and Master Driver Akio Toyoda – also known as “Morizo”. Chairman Toyoda gives a personal insight into the project in a short video that can be viewed on Lexus Europe NewsroomOpens in new window.
The LBX Morizo RR Concept is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled in-line three-cylinder engine that delivers a maximum 305 DIN hp/224 kW, driving all four wheels through an electronically controlled system and a Direct Shift eight-speed automatic transmission. All key elements of the car have been honed for performance, including packaging, body, suspension and tyres. To optimise aerodynamics, the development team applied technologies from the world of high-speed air racing.
In keeping with the theme of the Lexus and Toyota Gazoo Racing presence at the exhibition, the concept has been customised with unique details. Morizo’s signature yellow colour features in the plated moulding of the unified spindle grille, the brake callipers and the seatbelts, which carry the Morizo RR logo. Other features include sports seats, alloy pedals and coloured wheel arch and rocker mouldings. The result is a car that embodies a sense of casual luxury and has the reassuring, rewarding quality of a trusted driving partner.